Obtaining a CHIC Number
The tests listed below must be performed for Lagotto to receive CHIC numbers and the forms must be submitted to OFA. Be sure to sign the form for each test authorizing OFA to place the information in the public domain as this is required in order to receive a CHIC number. Click here for OFA forms
1) Hip Dysplasia (OFA evaluation or PennHip evaluation). Click here for OFA form
2) Eye examination by a board certified ACVO Ophthalmologist
3) Patellar Luxation (OFA evaluation). Click here for OFA form
4) Benign Familial Juvenile Epilepsy (DNA based test results from an approved lab registered with OFA).
5) Lagotto Storage Disease (DNA based test results from an approved lab registered with OFA).
6) DNA Repository (Optional) (Participation in the OFA/CHIC DNA Repository).
1) The dog must be screened for all five (5) health items listed above. This list may change as more information on newly recognized health conditions associated with the breed emerge and are approved by the breed club.
2) The dog does not need to have normal results on the screening tests in order to receive a CHIC number.
3) The dog must have some form of permanent ID (tattoo or microchip - at the time of testing)..
4) The owner must submit completed tests to OFA and agree to let OFA post the test results “in the public domain” (on their website). Click here
5) Once testing is complete and all tests submitted to OFA, a CHIC number will be automatically generated.
6) OFA charges a fee to register each test result with OFA. If you have complete DNA tests through one lab, you will also need to submit this form with your results: Click here There is no additional fee to receive a CHIC number.
Lagotto Romagnolo Club of America, Inc.
Image is an unregistered Service Mark and may not be reproduced.
No images or text may be copied without express written consent of LRCA, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 Lagotto Romagnolo Club of America. All Rights Reserved.